Monday, June 4, 2012

I asked...and she said "Yes!"

I'm on track for a successful VBAC!

The hospital that I have chosen has one of the lowest c-section rates in Orange County.

My OB has cleared me.

My IPs support me.

And now I have the PERFECT Doula!!

I can't even tell you how excited I am about this. Everything is coming together so perfectly. This Doula was the first that I have met. I found her online - she was the first link that I clicked on. Come to find out, she recently opened up a local wellness center (just up the street from me!) along with her dear friend and colleague, who also happens to be a (former) surrogate. She has been asking the universe for the past six months to please, please, please send her a surrogate birth. And there I was last week, meeting with her in her new facility - She was thrilled! We instantly clicked. She was so easy to talk to and answered all of my questions and also gave me a bunch of helpful pointers. She is exactly what I had envisioned my Doula to be like. I told her I had to go home and talk with my husband about the costs, ect, and that I would be in touch. Within hours of our meeting and me not being able to get her off my mind, I emailed and ask her if she'd, "Please, please, please be my Doula!" and she said, "I am super excited and would LOVE to be your Doula!" Yaaaay!!

At this new wellness center, Blossom, they offer lots of great classes that I plan to take advantage of. I have been telling myself to look into prenatal yoga classes and now I don't have to look any further. They also offer Hypnobaby classes that I plan to take in the coming months. The best part is that my Doula is the one who teaches the class!! So, we'll get to spend many Saturday afternoons together preparing for the perfect birth.

I couldn't be more well equipped for this VBAC!

10 more days until the half-way mark of this pregnancy. Whoa! Can we please slow down a bit! Geesh.



4 comments:

cheldi said...

That is so awesome! It's meant to be! I am so happy to hear you are doing everything you can to try for a healthy natural birth. Hypnobabies and your doula will both be amazing!

Jeni said...

It's all coming together perfectly! That's such a great feeling! I'm super happy for you. <3 Half way?!?! Impossible. :)

Courtney said...

Yay!! That is awesome! You've so got this. I had a VBAC with my son so I'm hoping this little surro babe(s) go the vajaja route too! ;)

Tiffany said...

Yay! I love HypnoBabies (and natural births)! :-) Started my "Needles are Okay" track a few weeks ago. :-D