Wednesday, September 5, 2012

32 weeks!

Figured I start off with the fun stuff...pictures!!

3D ultrasound of my sweet Peanut at 31w2d
Look at those lips!!

My most recent belly shot taken today @ 31w6d

How am I feeling? I'm feeling great for [one day shy of] 32 weeks! I love being pregnant and toting around the beautiful baby bump. A few aches and pains here and there, but nothing really to complain about. I know my limits and I know when to rest, put my feet up, and down a bunch of water.

Doctor appointments: Had a checkup today. As expected, everything is great. Peanut is nice and active and had a lovely heartbeat of 140bpm. Going forward I will be seen every 2 weeks and then at the end I believe we go to weekly visits. The highlight of my appointment today was taking my kids (ages 3 and 7) in with me to pee in a cup (to check my protein levels--which were perfect btw). My son, Aiden, was literally crouching down directly in front of me to see exactly how Mom makes it into the cup. It was quite the scene in the bathroom, complete with, "ewwww, Mooooom!!!!" and followed by a bunch of laughter. I seriously don't know how they expect pregnant ladies to pee in such a tiny cup and NOT spill everywhere. No matter how hard I try, I always manage to get pee all over the place. Not my proudest moment.

Weight gain: I'm up to a total of 17 pounds. This is great people! I'm on track to my goal of no more than 25 pounds for this pregnancy. Only 2 pounds were gained in these last two months. Now THAT I can be proud of. Haha!

Sleep: Oey. Not good. Actually, it's progressively getting harder and harder to get comfy and stay comfy. And then if I do find a comfy spot, Peanut may not like it and he has no problem letting me know with his swift kicks and punches until I move. The nice thing is though, that I am able to sleep in now that I have closed my daycare, so a long night of tossing and turning ends with me being able to sleep in.  Another thing that has hit out of the blue recently is I'm now waking 2..3...4 times in the middle of the night to pee. It's an endless cycle - Crawl into bed, toss and turn until I find a comfy spot, Peanut doesn't agree so I am forced to toss and turn some more until we can both agree on a happy place, lay there thinking about anything and everything, fall asleep, wake up to pee, crawl back into bed, and repeat.

Cravings: Still none. I'm kinda sad about this. But then again, having no cravings is helping with my goal weight gain for this pregnancy. 

Mood: Happy and excited, but easily annoyed and set off. 

Exciting moment: Every time I lay in bed unable to fall asleep I think about how this birth will unfold and how much I am looking forward to witnessing A & M become Daddies; the MOMENT they hold their precious baby boy for the first time; the EMOTIONS that will fill the delivery room; the (happy) TEARS; the feelings of ACCOMPLISHMENT that I have done my job and done it well; the JOY and the LOVE ....the list goes on.  I am enjoying this pregnancy to the fullest, but man, I can not wait for THE MOMENT where I hand this little guy over to his Daddies and finish my job in helping to create a family. Ahhhh, I get chills at the thought.



3 comments:

Venus of the Kitchen said...

Glad to hear everything is going swimmingly! Well, except for the not being able to sleep part. But he isn't coming home with you, so you can get some awesome sleep then! :)

cheldi said...

I swear you could be writing this for me a few months ago! So happy the pregnancy is going well and you are looking forward to the birth and that MOMENT - it IS nothing short of amazing!

Rebekah said...

Great update - your belly is too cute!! :D