Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hello 2nd trimester. How I've longed for you!

I just love the second trimester of pregnancy. I get most of my energy back, the belly starts to "pop", and I get that lovely pregnancy glow. Finally, after 16 long weeks, I had a spurt of energy last weekend and I went to town on cleaning out closets, organizing the kids' toys, and planting some flowers. I have been wanting to do this for quite some time now but I just couldn't muster up enough energy to get anything done during the first trimester. It felt great to get so much done over the weekend.

I am currently 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant with "Scoop", as my IPs have nicknamed this little dude. Our first ultrasound together and the baby looked like a melted scoop of ice cream (mostly the placenta and yolk sac were visible), thus "Scoop" was created! Scoop currently loves bagels with cream cheese, milk, Mexican food, and chocolate. Oh, and Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips.

How am I feeling: I'm feeling great! I finally have enough energy to make my family dinner after work and can even stay up with them until 9:00PM now. My energy is coming back and I'm a more functional mom these days. I do have body aches and pains much earlier in this pregnancy compared to my last three, but I plan to start seeing a chiropractor here soon to take care of it. Robbie and Allen were so sweet and gifted me a pregnancy massage for Valentine's Day. It will definitely come in handy and I will be making my pampering appointment very soon.

Doctor appointments: Our next OB appointment is Tuesday, March 11th. We'll also have our second trimester ultrasound and anatomy scan at this appointment. My IFs have been able to make every appointment so far for this pregnancy. It's nice having them there and so they can experience this pregnancy to the fullest.

Weight gain: So far, I've gained 5 pounds this pregnancy.

Sleep: Sleep is going well so far. I'm able to sleep comfortably and stay asleep all night.....unless I have to pee.

Mood: I feel my mood has stabilized now that I'm in the second trimester. I'm still very sensitive though and will cry at the silliest of things.

Exciting moment: Robbie and Allen gifted my family tickets to Disneyland for Christmas. We finally had the chance to use the tickets this week and spent the entire day making memories together. It's been a dream of mine to take my kids to Disneyland now that they're older. Ticket prices are outrageously expensive and darn near impossible to afford for a family of 4. Robbie and Allen made our dreams come true and we were so grateful for the generous gift!

16 weeks pregnant and Scoop's first trip to Disneyland
 







1 comment:

Krystal said...

Glad you're getting your energy back! And your family is so cute!!! Love that "Scoop" got a 1st visit button for Disneyland:)