Tuesday, November 13, 2012

41w5d - Cesarean Section Scheduled

I had a non-stress test, ultrasound, and OB appointment this morning. Everything still looks great with Lil Peanut. His heart rate is beautiful (140s). He's head down, but floating high (-3 station). I still have a ton of fluid (18cm+ as of today). I think at this point in the pregnancy all that fluid is working against us and not allowing Peanut to engage into my pelvis.

My OB checked me today as well. I am approximately 60% effaced but my cervix is still closed, high, and tilted back. Not really what we want to see at this point in the game, but from all of my research I do know things can change at a moments notice.

Since we are approaching 42 weeks, we had to talk about plans for a cesarean section if I don't end up going into labor on my own before this weekend. I am at peace with a c-section now. I know that I have done my very best in trying for a VBA2C and have exhausted all options to induce labor naturally. So, I can't say that I didn't try. I am proud with all that I've accomplished thus far and the best accomplishment is yet to come--delivering Peanut and creating a family!!

The date we've set for the c-section is this Saturday, November 17th @ 10:30am. 

I still have a few more days to see if my body will go into labor on its own, though. Good news is that for the past day and a half I have been experiencing a lot of contractions. I know things are brewing up in the ol' uterus so i'm excited to see what these next few days brings.

5 comments:

Robin said...

I hope you have that baby before your c-section. Good Luck

Ashley said...

Man, I know you really wanted to go into labor naturally, but happy to hear that you are at peace with the planned c-section. You still have a couple more days, so you just never know. I'll be thinking about you on Saturday!!

Ellen said...

Hi Andrea, I am the PhD student from Paris...:), I came to check on you, I guess today is the day? I'll be thinking of you, good luck with everything.

Tiffany said...

Thinking of you today.

Anonymous said...

So???? Its been 5 days! I am dying to hear what happened!