Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Meet my IP's!!!!

I am so very excited to introduce to you,

Eleazar and Angeline
My Intended Parents! 

I will no longer refer to them as "E & A" on my blog (although it is easier and quicker..hehe). They have gladly given me permission to use their full name going forward.  :)


For those of you who may have noticed: YES they are Filipino....like me!! 


We have reached another big step in this surrogacy journey: The exchange of information! We now have each others contact information (address, phone, email) and we have been emailing back and forth for a few days now. It's been nice to receive emails from them. I have given them the link to this blog and they have already shared with me that they've thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I am so glad. I've heard of other IP's not wanting their surrogate blogging about the surrogacy for privacy reason, so I am relieved to know that Eleazar and Angeline are ok with it. Blogging about our journey not only helps to keep my family and friends up to date with the latest, but also allows their family and friends to stay connected as well. 


A little bit about my Intended Parents: 
Eleazar and Angeline are high school sweethearts. It was love at first sight when they met during high school and while working at a local K-Mart in Northern California, about 20 years ago. They went on to attend different colleges, but their relationship continued to flourish since both colleges were local. 



Soon after graduating college, Eleazar accepted a full time job with a major aerospace company here in California. This meant relocating to Southern California and eventually settling down with Angeline in Orange County (side note: They are only about 15-20 mins away from me, which I think is fantastic!!). Eleazar has been with the same company for just over 16 years now and is once again back in school pursuing another graduates degree! In his free time he enjoys going out with Angeline or just spending quality time at home with her. 


Angeline suffered complete kidney failure as a teenager, which required her to have a kidney transplant. Since then, she has had 3 more kidney transplants. For this reason, Angeline has decided to be a Homemaker. Her last kidney transplant is doing very well, thanks to the advances of modern medicine. However, carrying a child is not an option for Angeline due to potential risks associated with her transplant and the medications she takes on a daily basis to prevent rejection. In Angeline's spare time, she loves to cook and try new recipes (this could be good because I love to eat!). Angeline also loves to decorate. 


Well there you have it--my Intended Parents!! They are wonderful. I am very much looking forward to getting to know them more. I am honored that they chose me to be their gestational surrogate. I am honored that they have chosen me help make their dream come true of one day (very soon!) having and baby.....or two. ;)



8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you and your IP's! It's such an amazing feeling to have such a connection to them! Things are just going to keep getting better!

messica said...

That's so neat they agreed to let you share their story on your blog! I'm so happy that you're able to help them start a family!

Kristen said...

That is wonderful!! They sound awesome and what an amazing story! I'm so glad everything worked out so well for you to be their surrogate. How exciting for them and for you! I think its so cool I get to follow along on your journey! : )

Babydreams2011 said...

YAY!!!! I am so happy you got to meet them and that everything is moving along for you all, they seem like a wonderful couple! How exciting you all live so close to each other too! Yippee! can't wait for your journey to start, maybe it will be at the same time as mine =)!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, SO happy for them and you. Really emotional actually.

Heidi said...

I'm so happy for y'all. It's so nice to find that kind of connection with someone. =)
Heidi

Ashley said...

That is awesome that they live so close!! Should be a very fun journey for all of you. And yes, it is so convenient to have a blog so that your IP's and their family can be apart of your pregnancy and all of the thoughts and emotions that come along with it. Keep blogging!!

Surrogate, Single Parent and Dating... said...

Congrats...very happy for all of u