Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A+ Psychological Evaluation!

I just got off the phone with the therapist for my psychological evaluation. The call went smoothly and quickly; only lasted about 17 minutes and ended with "....everything looks great!....". :) Some of the questions that were asked were very similar to the ones that are included in my profile. She had to ask me these questions in order to build knowledge of me as she will be seeing me through this entire surrogacy journey. She will also be checking up on me on a monthly basis to offer support. 


Here is what she asked me: Name; age; birth place; hometown; my parent's background; family medical history; siblings; relationship status with family members (Mom, Dad, Sister, Husband, Children); when/how did my husband and I meet; how long have we been married; my character strengths and weaknesses; my hobbies; why I want to be a surrogate; how do I feel about selective reduction, amniocentesis, and carrying multiples; do I have support from family if I have to go on bed-rest; how I will feel after delivery and handing the baby over; what I plan to do with the money that I am compensated for being a surrogate; what type of relationship I would like with my IP's; and would I want a continued relationship with my IP's after the birth.


This psych eval was nothing compared to the written test that I had to take during my home visit a few months ago. There were over 300 questions; and silly ones at that! Example: Do you like to collect stamps? Umm, no.


4 comments:

Babydreams2011 said...

Congrats on "Acing" the psych eval, one step closer to moving forward! Can't wait to read the rest of your journey!!

Kristen said...

Yay!! Good news! Thanks so much for posting about that! I'm not worried about it, but its nice to have a "heads" up for what they'll be asking. So excited to follow along with you! :)

Jennifer said...

Congrats on passing the psych evaluation. I hated that thing. Now you're one step closer to the good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! The psych evals are nerve wracking!