Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Canceled Transfer

Well, as the headline states, the transfer has been canceled. Due to privacy concerns for others involved, I will not go into detail.

I am ok. Totally bummed out, but I will be fine. I am looking at this as I was lucky enough to do a trial run...now I know what to expect for round #2. I know the meds and injections are totally do-able now, and I know that my body  and my uterus reacts beautifully to the meds.

I am keeping my head up and thinking positive about the situation. This just wasn't our time.....and that is OK. Our time will come. I am positive about that.

I will use these next few "free" months to get myself into better shape. This will ultimately better my chances at a successful VBAC next year. This is very important to me.

My sister turns 24 next week. I am thankful that I am now able to celebrate with her and have a few drinks in her honor.

Over the next week I will wean myself off the medication that I have been taking for the past four weeks. I'll get a period and then hop back on birth control pills until we are all ready for round #2.

Anyhow, there is not much more to say...I just wanted to give you all a quick update so you are not left hanging and wondering what ever happened to Andrea. I will probably take a break from blogging for a while and until things start to pick up again. It could be a few months...at the least.

I am in it to win it, so please don't feel bad for me about what has happened. Surrogacy comes with so much uncertainty and has taught me so much about patience and flexibility. I love my IPs very much and I look forward to this next go-around together with them.

**One year ago today I received something very special in the mail. 

12 comments:

Angie Strom said...

Sorry to hear that. God will let you know when the time is perfect.

Jesse said...

Oh sweetie! I'm sorry :( Wish I could give you a big hug! Hang in there!

Jeni said...

Big HUGS for you Andrea. I'm sorry to hear this news. Looking forward to hearing about next transfer plans sooner rather than later. <3<3<3

Babydreams2011 said...

Oh Andrea, sorry to hear that, but I am sure your next round will get to the finish line! :) HUGS!!

Krystal said...

Ugh! That stinks! But I'm glad you have a positive outlook and I look forward to hearing all about the next cylce.

Ashley said...

I know this is another bump in your already long journey and I hope that next time everything goes as planned.

Heidi said...

Totally sucks Andrea! I love your take on it all though. One thing surrogacy teaches us all is how to be patient (even if we don't want to be).

You are so lucky to be able to "wean" off of the hormones. My Doc had me quit cold turkey which resulted in migraines. =(

Hang in there girlie!

TXSurromom said...

Yuck, I hate delays. :( Sounds like you've got the best attitude about it and you're right, it's all for the best. It's so hard to wait when you just want to help someone, but waiting is all too familiar in surrogacy! Don't worry, it'll get here before you know it!!! :D

Hugs!

Ashley said...

Oh, Andrea!! I am so sorry. After all you have been through I know this is the last thing you wanted. Hang in there =(

Kelli said...

I'm sorry, Andrea! What a bummer. Hang in there!

Priscilla Aguirre said...

Awww it's OK girl this is no biggie since you had a few breaks with your first. Your a strong girl and you can handle this. I too am waiting to set up for a transfer. One thing I was going to recommend for you in the mean time is to begin drinking pure Alkaline water. It will detox your body from all the acidity plus a great side effect is loosing a little weight too. It's amazing what it does to drink while you a pregnant and preparing to be pregnant. Just think of it as another prenatal vitamin except its good for your health forever and you will look and feel great. I started drinking this water on Sept 1st and cant wait to make an all alkaline baby for my IM.. Email me if you want to know more.

here is the website
http://www.dreamtreefamily.com/priscilla/

Good Luck girlie!!!

Michael said...

I'm behind on my blog reading and just saw this. While I'm sad to see that the transfer isn't happening now, I'm thrilled to see your positive attitude about it. And as an IP I'll tell you that knowing your surrogate is in it with you and wants it as badly as you do is an amazing feeling. I can't wait til you and your IPs are ready for the process again!